Tags : :

R.I.P Flavio

He died at the age of 25 years old smiley: frown

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 22 14 4:04 AM

What a sad news. At least, Flavio lived a calm life out of the torture of the Circus. smiley: ohwell

With 25 years, he doesn't look old, like the last days of B2 and Charger. The wild life is much harder, there is no country for "old tigers". smiley: sick

Quote    Reply   

pckts.animaluntamed

#2 [url]

Jan 28 14 12:25 AM

There was a story of a 40 year old tiger (estimations obviously) but apparently there where multiple villagers who grew up with this tiger and would see him for all the years of his life. Isn't there another story of a really really old male tiger who befriended a huge male leopard and the tiger would scare the prey towards the leopard since it was hard for the tiger to make kills with his teeth being worn down and claws blunt. Let me know if you guys know who I am talking about.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 30 14 7:34 AM

I remember the history of the old tiger and the leopard. It was posted by peter but unfortunately I didn't copy it.

Personally I found very difficult to believe in such an story, I could interpret the facts in a different way, like: the leopard hunted the prey and the tiger just steal it. To be sincere I don't remember the facts very much, so I am only speculating at this moment.

About the 40 y. tiger, I think it was Jim Corbett who describe this (or it was Pocock?), however it is really hard to believe in such accounts, specially in the old days when there were more tigers and more intra-specific competition.

At this day, the oldest Bengal tigers were the female Chuchchi of 15.5 years from Nepal and the famous B2 of 14 years old; both died from fight injures. As for the Amur tigers, the oldest female (Olga-Pt01) was poached when she was 12 years and the oldest male (Dale-Pt20) died at its 12 years drowned in a freezing pool. Definitely they could live much more, but the destiny act adversely.

Last Edited By: GuateGojira Feb 4 14 2:15 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

pckts.animaluntamed

#4 [url]

Feb 3 14 9:58 PM

Thanks for the info Guate.
Apparently the story behind the leopard and tiger relation was they would even share kills and would often be seen walking near eachother. But once again, this is pure hearsay.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help