Remove this ad

GrizzlyClaws

Lead

Jan 31 14 8:21 PM

Tags : :

King, can you request the Assiniboine Park Zoo to measure the skull/humerus/femur of Baikal once he passed away?

Because the strict law, it is hard to preserve his bones, but we just need them to provide us the measurement of his bones.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 1 14 10:16 PM

GrizzlyClaws wrote:
King, can you request the Assiniboine Park Zoo to measure the skull/humerus/femur of Baikal once he passed away?

Because the strict law, it is hard to preserve his bones, but we just need them to provide us the measurement of his bones.

I'll see. But I don't think zoo's do special requests from strangers smiley: frown

I do know for a fact however that the zoo does keep a leopard skin of one of the leopards that died at the zoo, so it is possible they do preserve some other body parts.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 1 14 11:41 PM

I will like to see a picture of Baikal in this form:

In full side view, with no obstacles in the image. That will be perfect for image comparisons.

About the bones, I highly doubt that they will give details to any particular person, BUT it is posible that through an organization like an University or a student of Biology, they could give details. I have my eyes over Tigerluver, after all, he is a Biology student. smiley: glasses

Take in count that Baikal is still alive (thank God), so I think that the best thing to get rigth now will be not weight but body measurements, accurately taken.

The "length of 8 ft" is inaccurate from my point of view, we need a clear description of its body length (straight line), height and if its possible chest girth.

Quote    Reply   

GrizzlyClaws

#5 [url]

Feb 4 14 6:55 AM

Kingtheropod wrote:
GrizzlyClaws wrote:

I'll see. But I don't think zoo's do special requests from strangers smiley: frown

I do know for a fact however that the zoo does keep a leopard skin of one of the leopards that died at the zoo, so it is possible they do preserve some other body parts.

Just take a try at least.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help