Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 5 14 12:51 AM

Tags : :

This topic is about the record tigers in the several books of the Guinness World Records. Besides, we can post any other reliable record in this section, of any other animal.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 5 14 12:52 AM

Since some time ago, several posters were searching the full records about tigers in Guinness, but all what we have had were small pieces of info and somer bad taken pictures. Now, I buy the book of 1978 which have ALL the reliable records of huge tigers (at least those from India). Apart from that, I found in the web the Epub archive of the Record Guinness of 1988, where is presented the picture of the giant tiger “Jaipur”.

With nothing more to add, here are the pages.

The Guinness book of Animal facts and feats, of Gerald L. Wood – 1978.

The Guinness Book of world records – 1988.

Enjoy the reading and erase the old dark pictures from your computers, now you have the original thing.

By the way, if you want the record of some particular animal, just ask me and I will put the page.

Hope you like it, greetings to all. smiley: happy

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Mar 5 14 1:11 AM

Good info Guate

About the tigers, I recommend mentioning the tiger of Peking zoo which weighed 813 pounds in the captive Siberian tiger table. Due to its apparent reliability, I think it is worth noting. Now actually including it in the average is a whole other matter, your choice.

Lots of heavy cats!

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 5 14 1:21 AM

Hello KingT, good to know about you again!!! There has been some time since our last conversation.

Yes, I think that the captive tiger should be included in the list, but maybe not in the average as is a "phenomenon" specimen. The problem with captive Amur tigers is that there are to many "phenomenon" specimens that the huge weights seems to be not phenomenon at all. smiley: eek

By the way, the book of animal records is amazing, there are several incredible figures there. For example, did you know that the longest tapeworm in a human was of 25 m!!! How could live that person??? smiley: sick

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Mar 5 14 2:01 AM

GuateGojira wrote:
Hello KingT, good to know about you again!!! There has been some time since our last conversation.

Yes, I think that the captive tiger should be included in the list, but maybe not in the average as is a "phenomenon" specimen. The problem with captive Amur tigers is that there are to many "phenomenon" specimens that the huge weights seems to be not phenomenon at all. smiley: eek

By the way, the book of animal records is amazing, there are several incredible figures there. For example, did you know that the longest tapeworm in a human was of 25 m!!! How could live that person??? smiley: sick

Thanks Guate

I think the huge variation in size with the captive Amur tigers is due to the Manchurian and non-Manchurian Amur tigers that are in captivity. Some of them have large size blood line, some don't.

I am particularly interested in any records in the book of records regarding elephants, lions, crocodiles, and bears! May the postings continue smiley: pimp 

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Mar 5 14 3:36 AM

Kingtheropod wrote:
I am particularly interested in any records in the book of records regarding elephants, lions, crocodiles, and bears! May the postings continue smiley: pimp 

So, you asked for elephants, lions, crocodiles and bears??? Then, you will have it. Check the post tomorrow in the afternoon and I will put it here. smiley: wink

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Mar 5 14 6:23 AM

Deinotherium wrote:
I read Gerald Wood's book years ago and remember there was a photo of the largest bowhead whale ever taken (21.2 m), could you post that Guate?
Hello Deinotherium. Sorry, my version of the book (Sterling Publishing Co., Inc., 1978) doesn't have that picture. The only pictures of giant cetaceans in my book are that of a Blue whale of 27.1 m (89 ft), an unborn fetus of a Blue whale that measured 7.46 m (23 ft 5 in), the huge male sperm whale with an alleged length of 21.6 m (71 ft), the picture of the head of the 8.23 m (27 ft) female grey whale "Gigi" that was captured alive and kept in captivity a few years and latter released and finally, the captive male orca "Orky" that was the largest marine mammal in captivity at those days.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#13 [url]

Mar 17 14 10:57 AM

Deinotherium wrote:
Guate why have you stopped?
That is a loooooooong story. smiley: eek

First, the forum was hacked and all the data erased. smiley: frown

Second, my own account was also hacked and completely banned from all YUKU forums. smiley: mad

Hopefully, the YUKU team made an EXCELLENT work, because not only recovered all the data, but also saved my original account. smiley: happy

So now, we are back to business. Banana

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Mar 19 14 12:40 AM

Records of Brown bears

Here are the records of the Brown bears. The last part of it (pg. 34) is the beginning of the records of the Polar bears, so just join them and you will have the full records of the largest bears. Enjoy it. smiley: smile

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help